The newly re-designed Ai SolventVap 1.3-gallon/5L (evaporating flask capacity) series rotary evaporators come with all PTFE valves for solvent-resistant operations. Also come with them are vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
It also comes equipped with important safety features including fuse protection, dry-run protection, adjustable lower end stop, and lock function of bath setting.
Our SolventVap series rotary evaporators are built to deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are comparable to much more costly systems at a fraction of the price.
What Is A Rotary Evaporator?
A rotary evaporator is a device used in chemical laboratories for the efficient and gentle removal of solvents from samples by evaporation. Rotary evaporation is most often and conveniently applied to separate “low boiling” solvents such as n-hexane or ethyl acetate from compounds which are solid at room temperature and pressure.
However, careful application also allows removal of a solvent from a sample containing a liquid compound if there is minimal co-evaporation (azeotropic behavior), and a sufficient difference in boiling points at the chosen temperature and reduced pressure.
The rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear to provide constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 180 rpm.
The digital water bath operates from ambient to 99°C with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating, and the built-in overheat protector shuts down power in case of controller failure.
The standard glassware set includes 1.32 gallon (5 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 0.79 gallon (3 liters) round-bottomed receiving flask, and condenser.
- No chiller needed, utilizes dry ice for optimal efficiency.
- Dual-sealing with Teflon (PTFE) and Viton ensuring high vacuum level
- Specialized motor and extremely compact intermeshed worm and worm gear provide precise driving, for very quiet and vibration free operation
- Downward condenser vacuum connector design ensures safe vacuum operation
- Modular design (individual rotary and water bath modules) for easy future upgrade
- Easy manual lifting with lock
- Operate visually and easily with speed and temperature display
- PID temperature controller for accurate temperature control
All rotary evaporators are intended for lawful purposes only.